I'm always curious about how people use KlipFolio, and I get a big kick out of seeing all the different ways people lay out and use their Klips. Here's how I use mine.
I basically use 3 groups of Klips: work and hobby Klips that I set alerts for, news and weather Klips that I check often and fun Klips that I check every now and then.
Work Klips (all have "new item" alerts)
- Email (pop3)
- Serence Forum
- Feed Viewer ("Serence Mentions" : configured with Feedster, IceRocket and Google News searches)
- Images of the Day (To make sure it doesn't show p*rn?again)
Hobby Klips (all have ?new item? alerts)
- Feed Viewer ("Cars" : configured with Jalopnik and Hollywood Extra)
- FeedViewer ("Gadgets" : configured with Gizmodo, Engadget, Infosync World, Mobile Gazette and Dave's iPaq)
- CustomWeather (Set to Ottawa, Canada)
You'll notice that all my Klips are in a 2x1 config. Because I rely so much on alerts, I don't need to be able to see items at a glance. All my non-alerting Klips I just check every now and then, when I have a minute or two to spare. So most of the time I can't see KlipFolio, but it's always there when I need it.
Usually I'll just zoom up a Klip, and if there's more than one thing that I'll want to click on, I'll single-click the titlebar to keep the Klip expanded. I love being able to do that.
I'm using the default skin (and hue) because I've been switching skins around so much lately (building skins for Branded version for our customers) and I just happened to stop on the default. Sometimes I use Soft Plastic. Obsidian is nice too, but I like a little more colour, personally (btw, Obsidian is by far our most downloaded 3.0 skin)
I susepct that I'll be changing my layout significantly for Beta D (D, not C, is going to be a big one :) )