Reports to: Controller
Works with: Finance, Customer Success, Devops, People Ops
Location: Ottawa, ON or Rest of Canada (Remote work)
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone in the process of completing their accounting designation. As a member of the Finance team you will wear many hats and a few cool company sweatshirts as well.
- Provide financial information by maintaining and reconciling accounts
- Own the full AP cycle
- Manage day to day AR requests in the billing system
- Maintain purchasing system and approval process
- Reconcile general bank accounts by gathering and balancing information
- Assist with general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail and control accounts; adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; reconciling accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with government requirements
- Assist with onboarding new hires through the HRIS system
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- In the process of completing your accounting designation
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- You like numbers…really like numbers
- Hands-on experience with QuickBooks Online
- Ability to work independently in a cross functional team and collaborate with members of other departments
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to problem solve and provide recommendations
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. Ensure the subject line of your email contains "Accountant".
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time.