Reports to: Chief Product Officer
Works with: UX Design, Software Development, Marketing, Sales, Support, Documentation
Location: Ottawa, ON or Rest of Canada (remote work from home)
We’re looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about data, analytics, and building amazing products that add huge value to small businesses and teams. You will help shape Klipfolio’s product strategy, own the roadmap, and help fuel the company’s rapid growth and product adoption. You will work externally with customers, understand their needs, and give them the best experience with metrics and data. You will also work closely with dedicated internal software development, UX design, and marketing teams to incrementally build outstanding products.
Klipfolio thrives on collaborative problem solving, sharing of ideas, and getting a lot of stuff done. This is a highly visible role and a fantastic opportunity to grow your product management career and become an influential leader in a fast-paced and fast growing company. You will have product ownership, interaction with key stakeholders, influence direction, and see a direct impact of your contributions.
If you are a self-starter with an interest in business intelligence, helping small businesses thrive, and defining and building products that drive customer success, look no further.
- Work closely with customers to develop a deep understanding of their needs and jobs to be done for metrics monitoring/dashboarding and deliver a world-class product to align with that
- Help shape the vision, own the product roadmap, and oversee its implementation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including UX Design, Software Development, Marketing, Sales, and Support to help set priorities
- Challenge existing assumptions, bring new ideas and ways of thinking forward, and influence the strategy and direction
- Identify, define and write business cases, project briefs, user requirements and acceptance criteria
- Define and track sprint plans, scope and prioritize features and bug fixes based on maximum customer impact, and define epics/stories for development, documentation, and delivery
- Define messaging, positioning, and pricing for the product
- Assist with validation and testing of new functionality
- Assist with product launches, key feature/function rollouts, and sales/support training
- Participate in daily scrums
- Actively lead and participate in online communities and customer advisory boards with customers and prospects
- Communicate internally with executives and key stakeholders
- 3-5 years experience in product management
- Hands-on experience driving product and growth initiatives at leading SaaS technology companies in the small and medium-sized business (SMB) or consumer market
- A strong sense of customer empathy and a genuine excitement for solving their problems
- A entrepreneurial mindset and experience with product-led growth, digital marketing funnels, A/B testing, and related frameworks
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Proven success executing a data-driven approach to defining and measuring key product metrics, KPIs, and OKRs (from acquisition to conversion to retention) to better inform product decisions
- Comfortable working with product analytics tools (e.g., Mixpanel, FullStory, UserLeap) to analyze and report against large behavioural data sets
- Proven experience managing A/B tests, growing product adoption, and increasing customer engagement
- Understanding of the business intelligence, analytics, dashboarding, and SaaS market for small business
- Experience working with and developing SaaS and cloud-based software tools including REST APIs
- Experience working in an agile software development environment and a good understanding of software fundamentals
- Market sizing and opportunity analysis skills including SWOT and competitive intelligence
- Problem-solving proficiency with a very strong attention to detail
- BA/BS, technical or business degree, or equivalent background
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Send your resume to email@example.com. Ensure the subject line of your email contains "Product Manager".
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time.