Site Reliability Engineer - Junior Level
Reports to: Director, Site Reliability Engineering & Release Engineering
Works with: Software Development, UX Design, Marketing, Sales, Support, Documentation, Business Operations and Finance
Location: Ottawa, ON or Rest of Canada (remote work)
A SRE team member at Klipfolio gets to wear many hats, and understands the full lifecycle of software from the first line of code to how it scales up to hundreds of servers, and the nuances of the underlying infrastructure that software runs on. The successful applicant will not only need to demonstrate technical abilities, but a strong aptitude for learning new skills and problem solving when faced with unexpected challenges.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and innovation of our software delivery pipeline, releasing multiple times a day
- Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of production systems, some on-call will be required
- Assist customer success in troubleshooting customer technical issues in production
- Working with senior SRE members, to develop robust and secure platform services and tools
- High proficiency in Linux shell scripting
- Understanding of Software testing methodologies, including TDD and BDD
- Understanding of fundamental devops concepts including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Understanding of Containers and Containerization technologies, primarily Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Junit, TestNG, Mocha or other similar test frameworks
- Understanding of fundamental networking concepts such as firewalls, load balancers, and subnetting
- Understanding of SQL database concepts and some familiarity with database administration
- Understanding of NoSQL database concepts and some familiarity with database administration
- Understanding of Application Logging and Telemetry, familiarity with Prometheus, Grafana, and ELK an asset
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts, especially around AWS
- BS/BEng in Computers Science/Software Engineering or College Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent experience
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Send your resume to email@example.com. Ensure the subject line of your email contains "Site Reliability Engineer".
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time.