Software Developer - Co-op/Intern
Reports to: VP, Software Development
Works with: Software Development, Product Management, UX, QA, Services, Sales, Marketing
Location: Ottawa, ON or remote based in Canada
We love having students as members of our team to help us develop our innovative data analytics product. We work closely with each student to provide mentorship, professional development and an opportunity to work on projects that are aligned with their interests. This is a real world gig and an opportunity to learn cutting edge technology as well as experience best practices in software development.
This role is specifically designed for someone who has successfully completed second or third year university level Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Mathematics courses.
It is important to us that candidates have completed at least one major software project independently. Candidates should also have excellent written and oral communication skills, be eager to learn new technology, have an interest in solving tough technical challenges with help from other team members and have a can-do work ethic.
- Work with a super talented and motivated engineering team to develop innovative technology that delights our customers.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Management and UX Design teams to implement new features from back-end to front-end.
- Track and monitor your work in production.
- Build scalable and performant REST APIs using Java / SpringBoot, Node.js.
- Build intuitive UIs using React and our design system.
- Produce high quality work by writing functional automated tests, sharing knowledge and experience through code reviews, and testing code changes before they are released to production.
- Embrace our agile development culture and the Klipfolio development manifesto
- Ability to continuously learn and adapt to new technologies and ideas.
- Enjoy collaborating with other team members on projects - we succeed together.
- Good knowledge of and experience with either Java and OOP or NodeJs and Express.
- Basic knowledge of and experience working with REST APIs.
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases technologies such as MySQL and MongoDB is also a plus.
- Familiar with good design patterns and principles such as SOLID and able to apply these principles to your day-to-day work.
Nice to have skills:
- Comfortable working with Git or similar SCM tools.
- Some knowledge in AWS and Docker.
- Some knowledge in CI / CD tools such as Jenkins and Github Actions.
Send your resume to email@example.com. Ensure the subject line of your email contains "Software Developer - Co-op Fall 2022".
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time.