Reports to: Manager of Technical Documentation
Works with: Product Management, Development, QA, UX, Marketing, Support, and Customer Success
Level: Entry Level/ Intermediate
Duration: November 2018 - October 2019 - please note this contract may be extended
We’re looking for a Technical Writer who is passionate about creating informative, lively articles for our knowledge-hungry customers. With a large, evolving customer base, our support materials have to address both the needs of the new user, unfamiliar with dashboards, and the more savvy customer, familiar with building out dashboards using complex formulas. Some days you might work on new feature content for our knowledge base or update our in-app online help topics. On other days, you may help the UX team to create dynamic, informative in-app text. Our writers work collaboratively with everyone at Klipfolio to present consistent and meaningful content that promotes our product and helps our customers learn!
- Delight customers with helpful, clear knowledge base articles that feed their appetite for information on our new features - our product is constantly evolving so there’s always something new to talk about!
- Collaborate closely with other teams (Product Management, Development, QA, UX, Marketing, Support, and Customer Success) - at Klipfolio, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with many talented, fun, and energetic people.
- Stay on top of product updates that impact existing knowledge base articles to keep them fresh and aligned with our UI.
- Shape content based on understanding the user experience.
- Maintain a consistent ‘on brand’ style, tone, and terminology - we pride ourselves on being knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. In fact, those are our key guiding principles.
- Track and respond to content tickets in our issue tracking database.
- Listen to and act on feedback from multiple sources.
- A university or college degree in technical writing or equivalent work experience
- 1 - 3 years of experience working in technical communications, preferably in a SaaS, agile development environment
- Experience documenting business intelligence tools is a bonus
- Ability to develop content aimed at different audiences
- Ability to clearly communicate using both text and visuals
- Experience working with cloud-based software tools, including Google apps and Confluence, as well as software like Zendesk, Snagit, and bug tracking systems
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
- Equanimity in the face of shifting priorities and workloads - we’re a busy place!
- Proactive with the ability to self-manage
- Customer-friendly and focused - we genuinely love our customers
- Resilient and possess a calm demeanor - there will be stress at times
- Collaborative - within the Documentation Team and across the company
Including a link to your portfolio or samples of your writing with your application is a must. Please send the link, a cover letter, and resume to email@example.com with “Technical Writer AT2” in the Subject line.