Reports to: Design Manager
Works with: Software Development, Product Management, Marketing
Location: Ottawa, ON or Remote (within Canada)
About UX Design at Klipfolio
At Klipfolio, we build products that enable business intelligence for small to medium sized companies. We create tools that give people the best chance to succeed at influencing the direction of the company they work at. At the same time, we design products that help some of the world’s leading companies and agencies manage enormous complexity around data and decision-making for their teams or their clients. Empowering this data-informed decision making, no matter where the companies are located or their level of experience with data, is our mission. Reporting to the Design Manager, you’ll work side-by-side with product managers and software developers to create user-centered product experiences that delight our customers.
- Lead design efforts on product experiences – from leveraging existing design components to creating novel interactions across multiple platforms and devices.
- Closely collaborate with product managers and developers to conceptualize, test, build, and ship well-rounded and high-quality solutions that balance user needs, business priorities, and technical constraints.
- Contribute to strategic discussions about your product area and overall goals and priorities of your product team.
- Strengthen UX skills of the product team by providing timely feedback on in-product experiences and advocating for our customers.
- Fluency in the current UX best practices and passion for identifying and solving complex problems through the tools of design, research, information architecture, interaction design, and content strategy.
- Experience working on projects that involve complexity, multiple dependencies, and other disciplines and crafts.
- A good understanding of the end-to-end product design process including framing of the problem, low and high fidelity prototyping, testing of solutions with users, and producing high-quality polished designs that achieve the objectives of the project.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to articulate the rationale for design decisions by leveraging qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong aesthetic sensibility and appreciation of good visual design.
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Github, YouTrack, etc.
- Portfolio with samples of work that demonstrate your understanding of the design process and showcase relevant experience.
- Ability to prototype with HTML/CSS/JS and/or React.
Send your resume and a link to your portfolio (or samples of your work) to email@example.com. Ensure the subject line of your email contains "UX Designer".
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time.