Reports to: Design Manager
Works with: Customers, Product Management, UX Designers
Location: Ottawa, ON or Rest of Canada (remote work)
User Experience is at the very heart of our company’s DNA. No joke - we have the test results to prove it. Before we ever wrote the first line of code we agonized over every UX detail then, tested and re-tested it. And then we did it again until we were truly happy with the results.
We’re looking for a “T-shaped” UX Researcher. Sounds painful, no? Here’s what we mean - we need a talented and skilled user experience generalist who can move a project forward from start to finish, but who is also developing a specialized UX superpower. For this role, that superpower is Research and Usability (insert your favorite action movie soundtrack here).
Our mission is simple: make monitoring the health of our customers’ businesses with Klipfolio fast, easy, and fun. If you’ve got the right cape and tights, this could be the right opportunity for you.
- Interview prospects, customers, partners, domain experts, and stakeholders
- Create and maintain profiles and personas
- Define and refine user journeys and key stories
- Identify, coordinate, collect, analyze, and monitor quantitative and qualitative data from system usage, behavioral studies, surveys, A/B tests, and other queries
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct usability evaluations (from simple prototypes to production code)
- Communicate and evangelize research findings and prioritize recommendations
- Coordinate 3rd-party research and data collection
- Identify new opportunities for UX improvements in other aspects of Klipfolio business
- Basic aptitude for the following UX sub-disciplines outside of UX research: information architecture, information design, content design, and UX advocation
- Fluency in modern best practices for data collection, usability testing, and performance monitoring
- Basic understanding of cloud application architecture
- Solid communication skills and the ability to articulate the rationale for recommendations
- Engaging and thoughtful interview and test approaches with subjects
- Decent aesthetic sensibility and appreciation of good design
- 1+ years experience with any UX design subdiscipline
- Previous experience using tools such as Mixpanel, FullStory, VWO (or Optimizly)
Send your resume and a link to your portfolio (or samples of your work) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure the subject line of your email contains "UX Researcher".
Application process: We work hard to review new applications shortly after they are submitted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time. Thank you for your interest in Klipfolio!