Loved by more than 10,000 companies of all shapes and sizes
Healthcare providers have to stay on top of numerous, dynamic tasks and scenarios, and while it would be nice to have each task arise one-by-one in a timely fashion, that is rarely the case. To do their jobs effectively, healthcare organizations rely on having access to the latest performance data so they can make the right decision at the right time.
Dashboards take your data and present it on a single screen, pulling together information from multiple platforms and updating your data visualizations in real time so your head can stop spinning around exorcist-style trying to keep an eye on every piece of data. Depending on what you are looking to monitor - be it patient care, facility management, emergency room conditions, or staffing schedules - the focus of your dashboard and the visualizations on it will vary. In order to be sure you are monitoring the right metrics, we suggest taking a look at our post on the best practices for picking KPIs.
Healthcare dashboard examples
Curious to see what you can track in Klipfolio? Here are just a few examples of the healthcare dashboards you can build. View the Live Dashboard examples to get a better look.
- Get a real-time, interactive view of your patient data
- Track patient satisfaction levels, average length of stay, and turnaround times
- Give your entire team an easy view into healthcare performance and trends
Metrics for Healthcare
Want to motivate your team and stay up to date on your data, but not sure which metrics to start with? Not to worry, we've compiled a list of the top common healthcare KPIs (key performance indicators) our users have built using Klipfolio. If you are looking for more, check out our KPI Library:
- Waiting Times: The average waiting time in the hospital
- Triage Treatments: The number of triage treatments (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Health care costs per employee: The average cost per employee
- Number of Patient Visits: The total number of patients that were part of intake
- Number of Patients by Doctor: The ratio of patients by doctors
- Lab Turnaround: The ability and timeliness in processing lab results.
- Length of Stay: The average amount of time a patient will spend in care
- Number of Patients in ER: The current number of patients waiting in the emergency room
- Current ER Occupancy: How many available rooms/beds there are compared to ones currently in use
- Average ER Waitimes: Monitor heavy trafffic times and track how long patients are typically waiting
- Average Hospital Stay: How long are patients staying in your facility
- Treatment Costs: How much does it cost your company to perform a single treatment
- Patient Satisfaction: How satisfied are your patients with their care
- Readmission Rates: Track the number of patients that are returning to your facility for care
- Insurance Costs: Understand the type of helath insurance your patients are using
How to track your healthcare metrics with Klipfolio
Klipfolio allows you to pull in data from all of the platforms you use to track your healthcare data—and display precisely what you need in a single interactive dashboard. What does this mean for you? No more wasting precious time manually checking and rechecking reports with various versions of dynamic data. And you can get started with just a few clicks. Click here for a complete list of all our integrations.
Using pre-built metrics
Our Klip Gallery allows you to track your key metrics with just a few clicks, wihtout the hassle of building. You can get the Klips that matter most to your business, whether it's measuring ER occupancy or hospital marketing expenses, right from our Gallery to your dashboard in minutes.
Looking to track your financial data and healthcae expenses? Connecting your Xero account to Klipfolio gives you instant access to your healthcare financial metrics. With Klipfolio you can track metrics like:
- Expenses This Month
- Current AR and AP
- Today's Bank Balance
- Income and Expenses
- Recent Payments
The weather has an effect on the kinds of injuries coming into the ER - from dehydration to broken bones from slipping on ice. Keep an eye on the forecast to help you anticipate possible emergencies easily with a dynamic dashboard. With Klifolio's Weather connector, you can monitor:
- Today's Weather - Simple
- Today's Weather - Detailed
- This Week's Forecast
Are you using Google Analytics to track your data? ? Connect your account with Klipfolio and easily track key metrics in a dashboard that's easy to share. In Klipfolio, you can track metrics like:
- Sessions by Region
- Traffic Channels
- Website Performance
- Organic Search Performance
- On-site User Action
- Marketing Expenses and Traffic
Which goals are converting and improving? Track the number of completions and the conversion percentage for each goal you have set up for your website.
Track your website's Avg. Bounce Rate, Avg. Pageviews, New Sessions, and Avg. Time on Site for the last 30 days.
See what else you can build for Google Analytics
Building in Klipfolio
Our professional services users love Klipfolio because it empowers them to build their own dashboards. Sure, it takes time to get it right, but it’s absolutely worth it.
Connecting your data
You’ve got an impressive technology stack, but how do those puzzle pieces fit together? Klipfolio is an API machine with 100s of connections to the support services you use to run your business.Browse the 100+ services you can connect to
Love to tinker and build but tired of using Excel to share your data? The Klip Editor is where you bring your data story to life. Build custom data visualizations that you can share with your entire company.
Drag-and-drop visualizations from the palette to start assembling your custom dashboard. Choose from standard data visualizations like charts, bullet charts, and scatter plots. Or get creative and inject custom HTML into your dashboard. The choice is yours.
Data is meant to be shared. A dashboard without any viewers is, well, kind of sad. Wouldn’t you agree?
Which is exactly why we make sure you can share with your team and clients through multiple channels.
TV dashboard display
Our customers love showing off their dashboards on wall-mounted TVs throughout the office. It’s a great way for executives to nurture a culture of data transparency and the team to see their performance at a glance. Plus, it looks super cool.
Slack, email snapshots, and links
Send Klips or entire dashboards via Slack, setup manual or recurring email snapshots, and share links to your live dashboard.