Loved by more than 10,000 companies of all shapes and sizes
As travel is becoming more and more accessible, the hotel industry is growing to accommodate higher occupancy rates, and is changing to keep up pace with new entrants in the market (i.e. AirBnB). Whether you’re running a 5 star hotel chain or a simple Mom ‘n Pop Bed & Breakfast, you need to manage and monitor numerous aspects of your hotel at once to maintain successful business processes. Monitoring your various data on a dashboard helps you not only maintain your success, but also helps you reach new heights of success.
Besides obvious financial aspects, the reputation among potential clients on the service and efficiency of an establishment can make or break a hotel. Klipfolio dashboards put all the data you need to monitor for success in every aspect of your hotel in one place, giving you a way to visualize your progress and compare it with industry standards and historical data.
With real-time dashboards you can measure your occupancy rate, identify peak travel times, monitor your staff hours, keep an eye on the average length of time it takes to clean a single room, etc. all coming together to help you better run your hotel and give you more time to spend on making sure your clients’ time with you is the best it can be!
Hotel dashboards don’t need to be focused solely on improving customer experience or service efficiency, though. Specific metrics can be used to zero in on important financial data, helping you stay within budget or to better prepare for an influx of actions which will require more resources.
Hotel dashboard examples
Curious to see what you can track in Klipfolio? Here are just a few examples of dashboards that can help you run your hotel or Bed and Breakfast. View the Live Dashboard examples to get a better look.
- Get a real-time, interactive view of your financial data
- Track income and expenses, customer balances, and net profits
- Give your entire team an easy view into your financial trends and performance
- Quick view into the most important business metrics for your hotel
- Track key data points such as MRR, and retention rates
- Comprehensive data on Marketing, Sales, HR, Finances, and more
Metrics for Hotels
Want to motivate your team and stay up to date on your data, but not sure which metrics to start with? Not to worry, we've compiled a list of common professional service KPIs (key performance indicators) our users have built using Klipfolio. If you are looking for more, check out our KPI Library:
- Current Occupancy:The number of rooms currently occupied by guests
- Average Time to Clean Room:The average amount of time it takes to clean and prep a single room for new guests
- Current Rooms to be Cleaned:The current number of rooms that are waiting to be cleaned
- Time to Check-In:The average cycle time it takes from entry into the building to the guests receiving their room key
- Meal Reservation Times:A timetable documenting all meal reservation times for guests
- Workforce (by Specialty):The number of employees on staff categorized by sphere
- Cost per Occupied Room:The total cost incurred by the company per hosting a room of guests
- Current Room Rates:The current room rates that are being offered to customers
- Industry Standard Room Rates (to be used with above metric):The average room rate being offered to customers by hospitality institutions within a specified area
- Deals:A list of any discounts or deals that are being offered
- Social Sentiment:Your overall brand perception based on tone of reviews and posts
- Customer Satisfaction:A measure of guest satisfaction in terms of their experience with you
- Online Reviews:A list of online reviews left by past and current guests
- Upcoming Reservations:A list of all approaching guest reservations for the day, week, month, etc.
- Room Service Wait Time:The average timeliness of cleaning staff
- Special Events:A list of upcoming special events being hosted at the location
- Advertising Spend:The total amount of capital spent on advertising efforts
- Marketing ROI:The revenue a marketing campaign is generating compared to the cost of running that campaign
How to track your hospitality metrics with Klipfolio
Klipfolio allows you to pull in data from all of the platforms you use to track your hotel data—and display precisely what you need in a single interactive dashboard. What does this mean for you? No more wasting precious time manually checking and rechecking reports with various versions of dynamic data. And you can get started with just a few clicks. Click here for a complete list of all our integrations.
Building in Klipfolio
Our professional services users love Klipfolio because it empowers them to build their own dashboards. Sure, it takes time to get it right, but it’s absolutely worth it.
Connecting your data
You’ve got an impressive technology stack, but how do those puzzle pieces fit together? Klipfolio is an API machine with 100s of connections to the support services you use to run your business.Browse the 100+ services you can connect to
Love to tinker and build but tired of using Excel to share your data? The Klip Editor is where you bring your data story to life. Build custom data visualizations that you can share with your entire company.
Drag-and-drop visualizations from the palette to start assembling your custom dashboard. Choose from standard data visualizations like charts, bullet charts, and scatter plots. Or get creative and inject custom HTML into your dashboard. The choice is yours.
Data is meant to be shared. A dashboard without any viewers is, well, kind of sad. Wouldn’t you agree?
Which is exactly why we make sure you can share with your team and clients through multiple channels.
TV dashboard display
Our customers love showing off their dashboards on wall-mounted TVs throughout the office. It’s a great way for executives to nurture a culture of data transparency and the team to see their performance at a glance. Plus, it looks super cool.
Slack, email snapshots, and links
Send Klips or entire dashboards via Slack, setup manual or recurring email snapshots, and share links to your live dashboard.