Loved by more than 10,000 companies of all shapes and sizes
Manufacturing is the backbone to most of what we take for granted. But as any manager working in the manufacturing industry knows, there is a lot of work that goes into ensuring everything goes smoothly.
Between obtaining resources and organizing the chain of events that result in a finished product to be shipped off, manufacturers have a lot on their plate. And while it would be great if all the moving parts of the operation just ran themselves - no hitch - that is not the case. Throughout the chain there is plenty of data that needs to be analyzed and output data that needs to be recorded and reflected upon in order to make a manufacturing business run smoothly, but generating reports every other day can be unnecessarily time consuming especially when your data can change at any moment. That’s where dashboards come in. Klipfolio connects to hundreds of data sources and displays your data on a real-time dashboard, making it your one-stop-shop for your monitoring. Displaying your manufacturing data on dashboards on your desktop, on tv dashboards around the office, or even on mobile, dashboards make multiple searches into your numerous service platforms to gather your data a thing of the past.
Dashboards and metrics also help manufacturers to better understand their performance, and what may be causing a lag. A dashboard dedicated on end-to-end supply chain makes it easier for you to identify any critical bottlenecks that need to be altered or any major success factors that can be duplicated to increase efficiency. Your dashboards may also be of interest to your partners and suppliers, as they can get a view into your processes which in turn helps them to adjust their information to keep it up-to-date, while also helping your business stay lean.
Manufacturing dashboard examples
Curious to see what you can track in Klipfolio? Here are just a few examples of the manufacturing dashboards you can build. View the Live Dashboard examples to get a better look.
- Quick view into the most important business metrics for your business
- Track key data points such as MRR, and retention rates
- Comprehensive data on Marketing, Sales, HR, Finances, and more
- Drill down into the financial performance of your manufacturing company
- Track your net profit, expenses, and cost of goods sold
- Rally your team around optimizing financial performance
Metrics for Manufacturing
Want to motivate your team and stay up to date on your data, but not sure which metrics to start with? Not to worry, we've compiled a list of the top, most common manufacturing KPIs (key performance indicators) our users have built using Klipfolio. If you are looking for more, check out our KPI Library:
- Actual Production Cost: The actual total costs for production
- Actual Production Time: Total amount of actual product time
- Production Downtime: Track and optimize your production line maintenence
- Availability OEE: Figure out ideal time by taking actual product time and divide it by potential total production time
- Labour Cost per Unit: Your total labour costs divided by number of units manufactured
- Labour Costs: Total labour costs for a period (daily, weekly, monthly, qtrly)
- Production Cost Variance (PCV): Actual production cost divided by standard production costs
- Units Manufactured: Total number of units by period of time
- Value of Work in Progress: The total dollar value of units that are still in the production process
- Value of Inventory: Monitor the total value of your current inventory
- Carrying Cost of Inventory: Measure how much it costs to carry inventory
- Inventory Turnover: Measure how many times a year your organization is able to sell your entire inventory
- Maintenence Costs: Evaluate the costs of your equipment fixe, updates, and replacements in the long run
- Expense by Division: Track the expenses incurred by each division
- Inventory to Sales Ratio: Measure the amount of inventory you are carrying compared to the number sales order being fulfilled
- Units per Transaction: Measure the number of units purchased in each transaction
- Rate of Return: Measure the rate at which shipped items are returned to you
- Inventory Accuracy: Measure the accuracy of your inventory by taking a headcount of items in stock and comparing it to what's recorded in your database
- Reject Rate: Monitor the percentage of production lost due to faulty manufacturing
How to track your manufacturing metrics with Klipfolio
Klipfolio allows you to pull in data from all of the platforms you use to track your manufacturing data—and display precisely what you need in a single interactive dashboard. What does this mean for you? No more wasting precious time manually checking and rechecking reports with various versions of dynamic data. And you can get started with just a few clicks. Click here for a complete list of all our integrations.
Building in Klipfolio
Our professional services users love Klipfolio because it empowers them to build their own dashboards. Sure, it takes time to get it right, but it’s absolutely worth it.
Connecting your data
You’ve got an impressive technology stack, but how do those puzzle pieces fit together? Klipfolio is an API machine with 100s of connections to the support services you use to run your business.Browse the 100+ services you can connect to
Love to tinker and build but tired of using Excel to share your data? The Klip Editor is where you bring your data story to life. Build custom data visualizations that you can share with your entire company.
Drag-and-drop visualizations from the palette to start assembling your custom dashboard. Choose from standard data visualizations like charts, bullet charts, and scatter plots. Or get creative and inject custom HTML into your dashboard. The choice is yours.
Data is meant to be shared. A dashboard without any viewers is, well, kind of sad. Wouldn’t you agree?
Which is exactly why we make sure you can share with your team and clients through multiple channels.
TV dashboard display
Our customers love showing off their dashboards on wall-mounted TVs throughout the office. It’s a great way for executives to nurture a culture of data transparency and the team to see their performance at a glance. Plus, it looks super cool.
Slack, email snapshots, and links
Send Klips or entire dashboards via Slack, setup manual or recurring email snapshots, and share links to your live dashboard.