Got 3 minutes? Get your Google Analytics data in an interactive dashboard.
In the time it takes you to walk to the coffee machine and pour yourself a coffee, you could build out an interactive dashboard that shows key metrics about your website’s performance.
OK, OK, I hear the thought-bubble of disbelief, so let me explain right now how we can make that happen for you.
Today we are launching KlipStarts, a series of quick-start dashboards against common Cloud services. And the first one is for Google Analytics. Allan Wille, Klipfolio’s CEO, introduced them today.
Working with marketing agencies and some ace digital marketing experts, we designed the dashboard you see below (displayed in PDF format).
Then our development team built out the UI and code needed to automatically build it for anyone who has a Google Analytics account, and read permissions to the data.
Your Google Analytics dashboard is built out in a free trial version of Klipfolio. It is fully interactive and it offers:
- A single view to key website performance metrics like: visitors (what Google now calls users), sessions, page views, devices used by users (mobile or desktop), where users are from, bounce rate, new sessions, time on site, # of goals achieved and goal conversions, and SEO traffic (CPC, organic, etc..)
- Instant data connectivity and dashboard updates from your Google Analytics account (updates every 30 minutes)
- Many different time period options to view your metrics
- Ability to see how key metrics are trending over time and comparisons of metrics either over the past period or over the past year same period.
- Ability to set targets for users, sessions and page views and to see how you are performing in that time period against those targets (not possible from within Google Analytics on its own!)
Not convinced it will be that simple? Here are the steps you’ll follow to get your dashboard (you’ll need a Google Analytics account which has permission to access the data):
Step 1 - Go here.
Step 2 - Enter your email address and click on Start. You’ll need to give us a bit of information so we can start a free trial account for you.
Step 3 - Fill in the form and click on Next step. This screen will appear:
Step 4 - Click on Connect a Google Analytics account.
Step 5 - Choose the account that has access to Google Analytics or add a new one that does. Google then presents its “give a third party app access to the app” screen. It will look something like this but could be much longer:
Step 6 - Click on the “Allow access” button to give the Klipfolio Dashboard application permission to access Google Analytics. And you are done and can go to your dashboard.
The data you will see first will be for the website that is first alphabetically in your profile. You can easily view others with the website drop down.
Step 7 - Show your colleagues and ask them what they accomplished in the past 3 minutes. Try to avoid letting them see your gloating smile . . . :-)
This is, of course, just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what you can do with Klipfolio. You’ll have 14 days to share the Google Analytics dashboard, modify it, add to it, use different data sources, and build out different dashboards.The Klips featured in this dashboard are also great to include in a SEO dashboard.
Try it and tell me what you think of the experience and the dashboard.