New Slack feature gives you even more ways to share your data
What is Slack?
In case you aren’t as familiar as we are (we use Slack to communicate internally - and it’s amazing!), Slack brings all of your communications together in one place. You can use Slack for instant messaging, file sharing, calling other Slack users, and notifications through their many integrations. Start conversations with channels, private channels, or individuals within your company, eliminating the need to use internal emails. If you don’t use Slack for internal communications yet, I highly recommend trying it out. It’s completely free to use for as long as you want, with optional upgrades to their feature-heavy paid plans.
Share Klips and dashboards with the new Slack feature
With our new Slack feature, it’s easy to start a discussion about a Klip or dashboard you are looking at in Klipfolio. The new feature gives you the power to share individual Klips or entire dashboards with your channels and individual Slack users. Use the new feature to spark a new conversation or to provide context around an important discussion.
Want to start sharing your key metrics and data in Slack? Connect your Slack account with Klipfolio to enable the new integration. Follow these step-by-step instructions and start sharing your data with your Slack channels and users.
Step 1: Enable Slack integration
- In Klipfolio, head over to your Account Settings
- Select General Settings from the options
- Click Edit next to Slack integration
- Click Authorize with Slack. A Slack authorization dialog will display.
- Select the Slack Team you want to authorize.
- Click Authorize to allow Klipfolio to send Klips and dashboards to Slack. When Slack is authorized, the Slack Integration in Klipfolio is automatically enabled and you can start sharing.
Note: You can authorize with one Slack Team at a time. If you decide you want to authorize with a different Slack Team, you must remove the Klipfolio app in Slack. In Klipfolio Settings, click Check Authorization to remove the authorization and go through the enabling process in Klipfolio again.
Step 2: Share a Klip with a channel or user in Slack
- Find the Klip you want to share and click on the Klip menu
- Select Share from the menu and then Share Klip with Slack
- In the Share this Klip with Slack screen, select a channel or user from the dropdown list. Note: You can select one or more channels/users. Or just start typing and Klipfolio will auto-complete the name.
- If you want to provide more context for your Klip, write a message in the Add Comment box.
- Click Share to send the Klip. If you share with a user, they will receive a notification (if they enabled notifications in the Slack app). Sharing with a channel will show as a new message in the Slack channel.
Step 3: Share a dashboard with a channel or user in Slack
- To share a dashboard to Slack, click on the dashboard menu.
- Select Share and then Share dashboard with Slack from the More Actions menu.
- In the Share this Dashboard with Slack screen, select a channel or user from the dropdown list.
- If you want to provide more context for your dashboard, write a message in the Add Comment box.
- Click Share to send the dashboard. If you share with a user, they will receive a notification (if they enabled notifications in the Slack app). Sharing with a channel will show as a new message in the Slack channel.
Watch the video to see the new Slack feature in action
Subscribe to Happy Dashboarding
Learn the art and science of building world-class dashboards