Head of Marketing
Reports to: CEO
This is a rare opportunity to drive go-to-market for a fast growing early stage company with a proven product and an ambitious vision. You will lead and grow a very talented team at an exciting time of Klipfolio’s evolution.
With a proven track record as a B2B SaaS marketing leader, the Head of Marketing will steward Klipfolio’s growth ensuring that we help as many small-and-medium businesses reach their own growth goals as possible. You will work with every department to develop and grow our brand, and execute on a product-first marketing strategy. You will be tasked with growing our community of enthusiastic customers as well as a world-class marketing team.
- Establish and effectively communicate the vision and goals for Marketing
- Champion the Klipfolio brand through guidelines, vision, and leadership
- Develop, coordinate and execute marketing campaigns across all channels, including digital, event, and product
- Coach, mentor, manage, and lead a mature Marketing team
- Embody the characteristics of a modern marketing leader through use of analytics, technology, marketing strategy, and collaboration
- Be willing and able to get into the fray with the marketing team when it’s time to go all-hands on deck
- Develop close relationships across the organization to ensure marketing’s integration within the organization (and vice-versa)
- Develop and maximize an annual budget
- Successful marketing leadership track-record in a product-first SaaS company
- Minimum 10+ years in B2B SaaS marketing with experience managing and leading a diverse team.
- Experience with modern marketing practices such as inbound marketing, SEO, paid media, technical marketing, product marketing, event marketing, and content marketing.
- Proven record of supporting Customer Success or Sales teams to achieve ambitious pipeline and revenue targets
- Develop strategic campaigns for discrete segments within the diverse Klipfolio market
Network Effects and Virality
- Demonstrated experience working with Product and UX teams to design and optimize for network effects
- A strong understanding of seeding and developing marketplaces
- Experience using virality to accelerate high-quality growth
Technical and Professional Proficiency
- Fluency with data analytics, dashboards, and data visualization is preferred
- Experience marketing SaaS to small and mid-size business users is preferred
- Thorough understanding of mobile technology
- Experience with marketing automation, web content management and web analytics
- Excellent communicator with a proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences
- Experience with agile methodology
- Comfortable with and capable of taking risks and objectively testing assumptions
- Sound decision making
People and Relationships
- Experience leading within a start-up minded organization where collaboration is expected, silos are eschewed and change is greeted with enthusiasm
- Open to sharing and receiving constructive feedback
- Positive motivator, able to impact the actions and growth of others on your team and across the organization
- Experience leading, mentoring and managing a highly-skilled team
- Is without ego, balances inquiry and advocacy, to achieve the best business outcomes
- Empathetic and composed
- Play well with others
- Employs affiliative and democratic style leadership - “we’re in this together” type of mindset
- Establishes trusting reciprocal relationships
- Shuns micro management and coercive leadership styles
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com. Ensure the subject line of your email contains "Head of Marketing".
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time.