Head of Finance and Administration
Reports to: CEO/CFO
Works with: G&A, Customer Success, HR, Development, Marketing, Product Management
We’re looking for a person with an entrepreneurial spirit and a keen interest in being a member of a rapid growth, early stage SAAS company. Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Finance is responsible to set financial policy and direction, while also being involved in day-to-day financial aspects of the business, solving problems systematically, coaching/mentoring your finance team members and stakeholders, building and honouring the company’s culture and streamlining processes and operations. As the successful Head of Finance, you will also be an active participant in the overall strategy. You will partner with the Executive team on operational and strategic issues and be responsible for reporting financial results and projections to the CEO, management and the board of directors. Your recommendations will based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Oversee the Billing, Payroll, A/P and A/R functions.
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes including the preparation of all Board of Directors materials and the annual Audit requirements.
- Create and monitor annual budgets, forecasts, and key financial/operational metrics.
- Maintain effective internal controls and efficient systems. Ensure compliance with established corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with ASPE and IFRS, statutory guidelines, and internal financial policies and procedures.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Work with Product, Marketing, and Customer Success teams to analyze and improve upon business metrics and KPIs.
- Work with the Executive team on complex business modeling and financial planning.
- 7+ years of experience in Finance with at least 3 years of experience leading the Finance organization within a technology business.
- Sound people management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- CPA designation
- Deep understanding of SaaS accounting, pricing, costing, and sales contracts
- Expert analytical and business modeling skills
- Comfortable in a hands-on, individual contributor type role with 1 - 3 team members
- Experience with systems such as QuickBooks Online, Salesforce.com, and Zuora would be an asset
- Ability to flourish in an environment that thrives on collaboration and open communication
Also Nice to Have:
- Clear communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills – ability to manage multiple priorities and the ability to plan to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
- Customer-centred values
- A sense of humour - seriously…
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure the subject line of your email contains "Head of Finance and Administration". If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time.