March 14, 2016
Klipfolio Announces Public Dashboards at the Gartner Business Intelligence and Analytics Summit 2016
NOTE: This feature has since changed. Check out the new Published Link documentation to learn more!
Grapevine, TX, March 14, 2016 – At the Gartner BI & Analytics Summit here, Klipfolio, a provider of cloud business dashboards, today announced its users have the ability to create public as well as private dashboards, sharing data with up to 1000 viewers at any time. The open data movement and the shift to organizational transparency means that more organizations are looking to expose their corporate metrics to a much wider audience.
The Klipfolio public link capabilities allow users to:
- Create any number of dashboards for the team at no additional cost
- Setup access rights for any number of colleagues
- Easily send out emailed reports from the dashboard to any colleague, client or partner even if they are not a Klipfolio user
“Public links are an easy way to share dashboards with a larger audience, whether that audience is made up of the extended team, investors, customers, partners or the general public,” said Allan Wille, Klipfolio’s CEO. “In building a public dashboard, it’s important to understand how each audience will use the data shown and to make sure that all the viewers have the same understanding of the data, its source and how it is defined and collected.”
Klipfolio released its own Dashboard Showcase, a compilation of example public dashboards from customers and partners. The showcase includes dashboards built by:
Klipfolio also shared its five basic tenets of shared data and data transparency:
- Shared data is inherently more valuable than private data
- Data shared is data more likely to be correct (or corrected)
- The more a team (or extended team) shares data, the more likely they are to be successful
- Sharing data is the easiest and fastest way to get a team on the same page
- Great dashboards drive collaboration, agreement and have the ability to enhance productivity
About Gartner Business Intelligence & Analytics Summit 2016
Analytics Leadership: Empowerment without Anarchy. For a company to be successful with analytics, it takes more than a single leader. Analytics requires an abundance of astute leaders distributed throughout an organization working to apply just the right technology and skill sets to their business domain.
Gartner Business Intelligence & Analytics Summit 2016 provides the analytics leadership need to empower users to be autonomous without creating a state of disorder. The Gartner BI & Analytics Summit will help IT leaders and business executives develop a "short list" of technology and service providers who can meet business intelligence and analytics needs. Exclusive access to some of the world's leading technology and service suppliers in a variety of settings will be provided. Additional information is available at: http://www.gartner.com/events/na/business-intelligence