Facebook People Talking About This Metric Definition
The People Talking About This metric digs deeper into user engagement and shows how many people are taking an action on your company’s page. In order for an action to be considered ‘people talking about this’, it must create a story, displaying that action on a user’s timeline. In order for a story to be created, users must complete one of the following actions on your page: like page, post on wall, like a post, comment on post, share a post, RSVP to an event, mention page, tag page in a photo, check-in, review, or recommendation your page.
The ‘people talking about this’ data can be analyzed to provide insight on your company’s overall Facebook presence. Are users actively engaging with your posts, your page, and any events you are holding? The ‘people talking about this’ metric gives you a weekly snapshot of how your fans are engaging with you, your events, and your posts. In addition, ‘people talking about this’ tells your visitors and fanbase that the page is active which is important to increase Facebook Engagement and Facebook Page Likes.
- Likes: The number of people who click the like button on your post.
- Comments: The number of people who comment on your posts. These are visible on your page, found under the post the user commented on.
- Shares: The number of times a user shares your post on their own page. This will show in their timelines as well.
- Mention: The number of times a user mentions and links your page in a post. These are visible on a user’s timeline.
- Event RSVP: The number of users who agree to attend an event that you have created.
- Review: When a user completes a review on your facebook page. This will add to your overall rating which is shown on your company’s page under the page likes.
- Increase in People Talking About This.
- Increase in overall engagement.
Facebook People Talking About This Metric Benchmarks
- With LESS than 100,000 likes, a great 'talking about this' number is about 10% of the likes.
- With MORE than 100,000 likes, a great 'talking about this' number is 5% of the likes.
- Expect 1 to 10 percent of your fans to create stories about your page.
- Depending on the kind of content you share, your page’s PTAT would likely be 1 percent of your fan base. Consider anything above 1 percent, without the aid of advertising, above average. Anything above 3 percent without promotion indicates good engagement.
Facebook People Talking About This Metric Challenges
The Facebook People Talking About This Metric has a number of important challenges to keep in mind. The metric on your actual Facebook page reveals only seven days of engagement data. What this means is that it’s important to consistently be active on your Facebook page and to establishing monitoring processes for your own records to get a full understanding of your page’s performance and engagement.
How to Monitor Facebook People Talking About This Metric in Real-time
Once you have established benchmarks and targets for the Facebook People Talking About This metric, you’ll want to establish processes for monitoring this and other social media KPIs. Consider monitoring this metric alongside the Facebook Engagement Metric. Dashboards can be critical in this regard.
Learn more about how to track your Facebook People Talking About This on a Social Media Dashboard.
Facebook People Talking About This Metric: Top Resources
7 Keys to Facebook People Talking About This, Kunle Campbell