Sharpen your retail competitive edge with the right metric
Your retail organization is about selling more product and retaining more customers. In order to stay competitive, you need to know everything you can about your business, your customers and your competition. Use these retail KPIs and metrics to keep your performance in perspective at all times.
Best Retail Metrics to Track
Ten common metrics monitored for retail store operations:
- Inventory to sales ratio (ISR)
- Same store sales growth
- Stock rotations
- Sales by department
- Cost of goods sold (COGS)
- Sales per unit area (ex. per SQFT)
- Frequency of store visits
- Product shelf-space profitability
- Sales by product category
- Stock value
Scroll down further to get inspiration of other top retail metrics you and your store managers can consider to start tracking.