In this starter guide to LinkedIn analytics, we'll cover:
- What is LinkedIn analytics?
- What's the difference between LinkedIn's in-app analytics and LinkedIn analytics tools?
- How can a LinkedIn analytics dashboard help me reach my goals?
- LinkedIn statistics that every digital marketer needs to know
- Types of LinkedIn metrics: Page analytics versus ad analytics
- How to connect to the LinkedIn API
What is LinkedIn Analytics?
LinkedIn has quickly become an important pillar of any B2B social media marketing strategy. Optimize your marketing strategy by using your LinkedIn analytics data. Track your engagement metrics like comments, likes, and shares for your LinkedIn business page and advertising campaigns to understand your performance.
LinkedIn In-App Analytics
LinkedIn has a free analytics tool that measures the effectiveness of your social strategy or ad performance. The LinkedIn analytics tool provides information to social media managers, marketers, and content creators to understand your audience and the type of content they engage with most.
Within LinkedIn, you can measure:
- Visitor demographics metrics like job function and location
- Engagement on your posts like impressions, clicks, and comments
- Follower growth
- Employee advocacy analytics
LinkedIn Analytics Tools
So if LinkedIn provides basic engagement metrics, why should you use a third-party analytics tool like PowerMetrics to track your data?
A LinkedIn analytics dashboard in PowerMetrics provides you with:
- The ability to combine LinkedIn data with your marketing data from Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram
- Frequent data refresh rates so you're always accessing the most up-to-date information
- Instant metrics for additional marketing data sources like HubSpot or Google Analytics
- An easy to share dashboard to share with your team and other stakeholders who can't access LinkedIn analytics
How can a LinkedIn analytics dashboard help me reach my goals?
A LinkedIn analytics dashboard is an essential tool to help you understand and grow your social media presence.
- Keep your LinkedIn data top of mind. Don’t let your LinkedIn analytics get lost in the shuffle of Facebook and Instagram. LinkedIn is a key channel to market to other businesses and increase your employer brand to attract and retain talent.
- Make an impact with your LinkedIn data. Present your LinkedIn analytics with stunning charts and graphs to help your readers take action.
- Foster a culture of collaboration. Pull your data out of the LinkedIn platform so you and your team can access the insights that will help to grow your presence and turn your employees into advocates.
- Understand if you are successfully reaching your target audience. If you're not reaching your target audience, who are you reaching?