Here's what we'll cover:
- What is social media analytics?
- Our social media starter guides
- Why do you need a social media analytics dashboard?
- Social media strategy foundations
What is social media analytics?
Social media analytics gathers and analyzes data from social media channels like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Social media analytics is commonly used by digital marketers and social media managers to track social metrics like audience growth and conversion.
Your employees, your brand, and your clients are on social media. For digital marketers, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram are key pillars of a social media strategy. But maintaining a social media presence for your brand is only half of the responsibility. The other half? Measurement.
Check out our social media starter guides
- Starter Guide to Facebook Analytics
- Starter Guide to LinkedIn Analytics
- Starter Guide to Instagram Analytics
- Starter Guide to YouTube Analytics
Why do you need a social media analytics dashboard?
If each social media platform has in-app analytics, why should you consider a third-party social media analytics tool like PowerMetrics? A social media dashboard analytics dashboard will help you to...
Make informed decisions
- What type of content do people engage with?
- What time of day do we see the highest level of engagement with our content?
- Are we reaching the right audience?
These questions will help you analyze your current strategy and optimize for the future.
Track your progress against your goals and objectives
Your social media strategy for each channel should be measured against goals and objectives. This will give you quantifiable data to understand what's working—or what isn't. With the help of a social media dashboard, you can see what's worked in the past and use that as a benchmark to refine your approach. PowerMetrics stores your data history so you can compare against past performance and set achievable, realistic benchmarks for future campaigns. Use your analytics to ground your goals with numbers you know you can achieve (or surpass!)
Measure your success
Setting goals is just the starting point. You need to be able to measure if you achieved your goals. A social media analytics dashboard gives you the tools you need to understand your social media performance. Check in on your performance throughout the process and make real-time updates based on the insights you're provided.
Social media analytics is the foundation of any social media strategy
Gathering the right data enables you to make decisions that will give you a competitive edge in an increasingly-crowded social media world.
By using a social media analytics tool like PowerMetrics, not only can you see at-a-glance how your campaigns are performing, but the dashboard also:
- Updates in real-time so you can always access the most up-to-date performance metrics
- Combines data from all of your social media channels, all in one place
- Visualizes your data using charts and graphs for easy analysis
- Tracks your social media history so you can understand trends and growth over time
Digital marketers and social media managers are busy people. There’s a lot of data to interpret throughout the course of an average work day. But with a tool like PowerMetrics, you don’t have to spend time logging in to your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Instagram channels to extract your analytics. Instead, all you have to do is log in to PowerMetrics, look at your dashboard, and immediately understand your campaign performance.