Sales Leaderboard Dashboard
Use a sales leaderboard to track performance and motivate your sales team to reach targets.
Track all your Sales Leaderboard KPIs in one place
Sign up for free and start making decisions for your business with confidence.
What is a Sales Leaderboard dashboard?
A sales leaderboard is a software application used to track a sales team’s performance against business goals and targets. Sales leaderboards display individual performance side by side, making it easy to see which members of a sales team are ahead of the target or behind the target. A sales leaderboard can be used to track performance on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, depending on business objectives.
Want to create an open work environment using data? Displaying a sales leaderboard in your office is a great way to motivate employees to hit targets both as individuals and as a team. You can build a sales leaderboard to track performance across multiple sales metrics and KPIs and display that data on a live tv dashboard, making the data available to the entire business.
Why build a sales leaderboard
A sales leaderboard is a great way to incentivize a team and create an open culture. Here are some other benefits of implementing a sales leaderboard:
- Track individual sales performance in real-time
- Track team sales performance in real-time
- Directly compare performance across multiple sales metrics
- Use competition to motivate the sales team
- Create an open work environment using data
- Use the leaderboard data to make quick decisions and not wait for end-of-quarter reports
How to create a sales leaderboard
You can create a sales leaderboard by using real-time data from your CRM (e.g., Salesforce) and charting those metrics with your business targets. Use these steps to build your own sales leaderboard:
- Create a report in your CRM that tracks new business deals, new business values, demo calls, and any other sales KPIs by the sales rep.
- Create an Excel spreadsheet to track your daily, monthly, and quarterly sales targets for each KPI you want to track.
- Use your CRM report and Excel spreadsheet to build data visualizations, such as a gauge, that displays your sales metrics against your business goals.
- Use dashboard software, a tv monitor, and an HDMI device to display your sales leaderboard in your sales department.
Key metrics to track on a sales leaderboard
In order to build a useful sales leaderboard, it’s important to choose the right dashboard template and sales metrics for your business. Here are metrics that are commonly displayed on sales leaderboards:
- New MRR: monthly revenue from new business deals
- New customers: total number of new users or seats sold
- New logos: number of new business accounts acquired
- Demo calls: pre-sale calls completed by the sales team
- Expansion MRR: new monthly revenue from existing customers
- Retention: the rate at which the sales team holds onto customers
- Onboarding calls: post-sale calls completed by the sales/success team
Related Dashboard Examples
Start tracking your metrics
Level up your analytics with a free forever PowerMetrics account