Loved by more than 10,000 companies of all shapes and sizes
Airlines have a lot to worry about, regardless of if they’re a giant commercial entity or a small-scale private operation. With an average of over 9500 planes in the air any given day, carrying more than 1 million people altogether, organization is key.
Data, both live and static, is critical to maintain this organization… But what good is data if no one can see it?
This is where dashboards and metrics come in. With dynamic dashboards, you and your team can keep an eye on all your key data points that help you run your airline smoothly. Be it monitoring current and average queue times for boarding, flight schedule adherence, planes in need of repair or refueling, in-flight beverage inventory, or customer satisfaction with their ticket buying experience, metrics allow you to take control of your data and displaying these on dashboards around the office helps to centre your company on what matters.
Airline dashboard examples
Curious to see what you can track in Klipfolio? Here are just a few examples of dashboards you can build to help you manage your airline. View the Live Dashboard examples to get a better look.
- Get real-time data and trends on your subscriber data
- Track email open rates, recipients, clicks, and more
- Gain a view into the overall success of your email marketing campaigns
Metrics for Airlines
Want to motivate your team and stay up to date on your data and ensure your fleet is running at optimal levels, but not sure which metrics to start with? Not to worry, we've compiled a list of common airline KPIs (key performance indicators) our users have built using Klipfolio. If you are looking for more, check out our KPI Library:
- Average Baggage Transfer Time: The average amount of time between luggage drop-off from the check-in desk to being loading onto the plane
- Average Baggage Weight per Flight: The average total weight of all luggage on a single flight
- Lost and/or Misplaced Bags: The number of lost or misplaced bags
- Percentage of Seats Sold: The total number of seat tickets that have been sold for a specific flight
- Revenue per Passenger: The total amount of revenue gained from a single passenger
- Denied Boarding of Passengers: A count of passengers who have been denied boarding
- Total Seat Capacity: The total amount of seats per plane
- Passengers per Flight: The number of passengers on a specific flight
- Average Passengers per Flight: (to be used with location and plane size segmentation) The average number of passengers on flights
- Passenger to Flight Attendant Ratio: The number of passengers per on-duty flight attendant
- In-Flight Complaints: A log of complaints issued regarding in-flight service
- Reimbursements Issued: A count of the number of reimbursements issued to travellers
- Customer Satisfaction: A measure of the overall satisfaction of customers
- Average Time on Landing Page: The average amount of time a potential customer spends on a specific page on your website
- Industry Average Ticket Price: A comparison of the price listings for flights throughout the industry
- Current Delayed or Cancelled Flights: A list of all cancelled and delayed flights within a given time period
- Fuel Consumption: The total amount of fuel consumed by a fleet
- Engines in Need of Repair: A log of engines that require further maintenance before being deployed
- Cost per Kilometer: The overall cost to the company per kilometer travelled
- Operating Margin: Leftover revenue after cost of goods sold and operating costs are deducted
- Overall Timeliness: A measure of how effectively the company sticks to their schedule for flights
- Current Flight Paths: A map of current flight paths in use
- Today’s Flights: A list of flights departing today
How to track your airline metrics with Klipfolio
Klipfolio allows you to pull in data from all of the different airline management platforms you use to track your performance—and display precisely what you need in a single interactive dashboard. What does this mean for you? No more manual monthly reports, Excel sheets with multiple versions, or scrabbling around multiple services to get important data. And you can get started with just a few clicks. Click here for a complete list of all our integrations.
Building in Klipfolio
Our professional services users love Klipfolio because it empowers them to build their own dashboards. Sure, it takes time to get it right, but it’s absolutely worth it.
Connecting your data
You’ve got an impressive technology stack, but how do those puzzle pieces fit together? Klipfolio is an API machine with 100s of connections to the support services you use to run your business.Browse the 100+ services you can connect to
Love to tinker and build but tired of using Excel to share your data? The Klip Editor is where you bring your data story to life. Build custom data visualizations that you can share with your entire company.
Drag-and-drop visualizations from the palette to start assembling your custom dashboard. Choose from standard data visualizations like charts, bullet charts, and scatter plots. Or get creative and inject custom HTML into your dashboard. The choice is yours.
Data is meant to be shared. A dashboard without any viewers is, well, kind of sad. Wouldn’t you agree?
Which is exactly why we make sure you can share with your team and clients through multiple channels.
TV dashboard display
Our customers love showing off their dashboards on wall-mounted TVs throughout the office. It’s a great way for executives to nurture a culture of data transparency and the team to see their performance at a glance. Plus, it looks super cool.
Slack, email snapshots, and links
Send Klips or entire dashboards via Slack, setup manual or recurring email snapshots, and share links to your live dashboard.